Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cutting "New" Ties


(Snap-less)

Our world has greatly been impacted by the use of social media and various technology forms. Indirect communications is communicating with individuals in any means other then directly, including social media, texting/instant messaging, phone calls, and anything else through our various forms of technology. 

Today I decided to reflect on a question and that question is whether it is acceptable to break up with sufficient other via any form of indirect communication. Too most, without hesitation they would say “no, such a thing is unacceptable”, and I would have to agree with them. I would agree to the answer of "no, such a thing is unacceptable" because when you have committed yourself to someone in the means of a relationship, you should have the most respect for them and their feelings. With such a huge amount of respect for someone, you should only respect him or her by discussing relationship manners with said individual using direct communication. I, myself personal have had the experience in which someone I truly cared about broke up with me via indirect communication. All, I assumed had been going well was ended by three simple words "It is over". I was so crushed and heartbroken- lost in my thoughts trying to understand the question of why. Was honestly not sure how someone who had so much respect for me showed such a lack of it when I deserved the most. This was the point in my life made it clear to me that this type of break up or communication was not acceptable. Indirect communication is a lack of respect for individuals; it is the easiest way to show that lack of respect. This type of communication leaves a lack of explanation and understanding by one of the parties in the matter. Confusion leaves to assumptions, which can lead to a lot of hurt and pain. Direct communication should be the only way you communicate serious matters with you sufficient other or partner in the relationship. Answer their questions, ask questions, and come to a mutual understanding. Think of the serious matters as life or death, chose what is the best for both, not yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment